Gas Safety Certificate In Luton

Landlord's Gas Safety Certificates, Luton

SafeSure Plumbing and Heating Ltd. is a Gas Safe registered company and carries out tests on behalf of Landlords in and around Luton to provide Gas Safety certificates.

If you are a landlord you need to acquire a CP12 Gas Safety Certificate, annually, for any property that you own.

The CP12 is a essentially a gas safety check of flues, pipework and appliances in your rented property.

A safety check is not necessarily the same as a service, but by and large it makes no sense to open up a boiler, for instance, to do a safety check without servicing it at the same time.

So, when SafeSure Plumbing And Heating Ltd. talk about doing a Gas Safety certification, we are usually talking about servicing of appliances with safety certification at the same time.

Gas Safety checks and certificates must only be carried out by Gas Safe registered technicians.

Call us now on: 01582 380777, or read on for some valuable tips for landlords.


If your property is managed by a letting agent you should take a look at the contract that you have with them to see whether they are formally taking responsibility for gas safety or not.

It may be that although they are arranging the annual gas safety checks, if they forget for any reason and something unfortunate occurs the legal responsibility may be yours.

It's best to know what the arrangement between you and the letting agent is. If the real responsibility lies with you, you need to be absolutely sure that the checks are getting done each year by a properly qualified person.

Record Keeping

You, or your responsible agent need to keep records of each certification for two years after it has been supplied.

You must also supply any tenant who is staying at the property for longer than 28 days with a copy of the CP12 certificate within 28 days of the safety checks taking place.

It tenants do not stay longer than 28 days then a copy of the CP12 needs to be displayed in a prominent place for your short term tenants to see.

Relevant Government Information

The government supplies a handy FAQ regarding your responsibilities as a landlord here:

Or, for those who like to get stuck into a full set of government regulations, you can read the whole of the The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1988 on the link below. The good news is that you probably only really need to read Part F of the document, which is only three pages:

Book A Gas Safety Check With Us

If you are in the Luton area and you know that you need a Landlord's Gas Safety check with CP12 certificate why not call us now and get booked in.

We will supply a price quotation once we know how many appliances are at the property.

Call: 01582 380777

Diverts to mobile if the above number is unattended for any reason.

Professional, Friendly,
Experienced and Local to YOU

Our Reviews

Totally a breath of fresh air finding Tom and Safesure Plumbing and Heating replacing a faulty shower pump and because I am disabled actualy talking the old pump that I had purchased a few months ago. Tom took it to the shop and got my refund for me all in his own time. I would give Safesure Plumbing and Heating 10 stars if I could. I would totally recommend you.

John Keane

Hired Olly and his team to replace a faulty shower pump in our loft. They did a great job with the pump, tidied up after themselves, were polite and helpful whenever I spoke to them and in general were a pleasure to deal with from start to finish. I'd highly recommend them and won't hesitate to contact them for any future plumbing issues.


We have used Safesure Plumbing in the past for a boiler service but we recently used them for our cloakroom renovation and utility room. They were professional, hard working, polite and we were very impressed with the high quality of work. Highly recommend.

Maria Hancock

We have to say a huge thankyou to Safesure Plumbing for a fabulous job done in refurbishing our bathroom and installing a new shower unit, handbasin and loo!! It's stunning. Ollie kept us informed everyday on what was happening next and Jay, Callum and Dave did a cracking job. Thanks guys.

Martin Owen

Safesure plumbing recently provided some new shower bars, installation of taps and a water softener for us. They were professional throughout and provided us with a quote before works were agreed. We would highly recommend their services for the Luton area, very satisfied customers.

Helen Fairbrother

Superbly professional and communicative. Never experienced anything like it before. Tom took the time to do a thorough job and make sure everything was perfect, also offering himself to answer questions and concerns after the new boiler installation and tank removal.

Craig Ferrante

This is the second time that I have used Safesure for major work and once again they did a fantastic job. Took the time to explain and suggest things before we agreed on the job. They ripped out the old bathroom and installed new including tiling. At end of the job they even fitted towel rail and soap holders that we provided at no extra cost.

Victor Reeve

Have used Tom for a number of years, most recently to service my boiler. Always on time, always gives good advice and completes work in a professional most economic way. Recommended.

Michael Lockett

I had my bathroom ripped out and refitted by SafeSure and was extremely impressed with every aspect of their work. They did a cracking job at a very reasonable price, and the team were hard-working, polite and tidy. Big projects always throw up the odd hiccup, and Tom and Ollie dealt with these in a hugely professional and efficient way. Would highly recommend SafeSure to anyone.

Chris Lennon

Brilliant ,came at short notice and mended toilet cistern and replaced bath taps All clean and tidy ,friendly and professional Would definitely recommend

Lesley Fitzjohn

Trade Associations and Accreditations